(low-VOC, vegetable oil-based)
Go ahead and change the letterpress colors on any wedding invitation design! Wondering what inks will best capture your style? We’re happy to advise. All of our 50+ letterpress inks are low-VOC and vegetable oil based. What are Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)? VOC’s contribute to global warming and have adverse affects on human health, so low-VOC things are good things.
The colors below are digital approximations of our letterpress inks, but we all know letterpress is best experienced in person. Order samples and receive up to ten ink swatches, letterpressed on our cotton paper, with your sample order. You might also want to check out our envelope liner colors and our foil stamping colors. Changing the inks on your design is free! Custom inks are available for an additional cost.
Design tips for letterpress inks
- Mix and match 1 and 2 color printing to keep costs down. You can print some pieces in 2 colors, and other pieces in 1 color (1 color pieces are less expensive). For instance, your invitation can have two inks while only using 1 ink on your reply card.
- Turn a 2 color design into a 1 color design. Or you can take a 1 color design and print it in 2 colors if you want—it’s totally up to you!
- Get color inspiration. Our designers have pulled together some of their favorite wedding color combinations on our blog. Or check out some of our favorite wedding invitation customizations to see some great ink combinations in action.
- Request a free design consultation. Not sure what ink combinations will best capture the style of your wedding? We offer free design consultations after you place your order, where you’ll have a chance to talk one on one with our designers about all of your invitation choices (or if you need help now, just ask!).
- See a sample design in your top 3 colors. Send in a design request and let us know your favorite design, and what 3 colors you’d like to see that design in—we’ll email you images of that design in your colors within 1 business day. (sorry, we need to limit to one —but you will have the opportunity to see additional color options once you’ve placed your order!)