Today we’re introducing the staff at the Bella Figura flagship store — a talented trio with over 40 years of combined experience when it comes to custom stationery. Find out what they’re loving for current wedding trends, their favorite place to grab lunch on the Upper East Side, and their favorite ways to spend free time in the city!
I have always been a bit of a free spirit and champion of social justice and animal rights. Throughout my early career I was involved in fashion, traveling the world developing product and creating trend reports. Those travels allowed me to hone my love of art, sense of color, understanding of different customs and cultures, all of which come into daily play as I consult with couples in the creation of their paper trousseaus.
Linda’s 5 favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: That’s an easy one — I love getting to know my couple’s back stories and helping them realize their dream invitation! I find it exciting to never know what will happen on a daily basis — what challenges and opportunities will present themselves! Who will today’s couples be – will they have a classic New York wedding at the Pierre, or a barn wedding in Vermont?
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Impossible to answer, the last invitation that I did is my always my favorite. And I love customizing everything — no challenge is too daunting!
- Favorite wedding trend: I am currently loving personal treatments to inner envelopes — call me crazy, but my two current favorites are a liner that has a damask “wallpaper” pattern (one of the groom’s signature wallpaper patterns that he photographs everyone in front of) and inscribed in the center are the words “reunited forever”. Long story short, they dated years ago and now they are back together and getting married! My other favorite featured a quote from Keats that was printed on the front of the inner envelope — it was so personal and compelling.
- Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: A hot dog street vendor – naughty, naughty!
- Favorite thing to do in the city: Walk and experience the city’s diversity — visit museums and eat ethnic foods!
As a paper lover, you can usually find me perusing the aisles of local art stores looking for the latest craft products. As an avid cardmaker and rubberstamper, I love making handmade cards, and my home can only be described as a mini arts and crafts store. My artwork has been featured in The Stamper’s Sampler, Take Ten, 1000 Handmade Greetings Cards and NY Japion Newspaper. I received my Bachelor’s Degree from New York University in Graphic Communications. After completing my tenure at NYU, my love for paper grew and I worked at some of the top paper stores in the city before joining the Bella Figura team. During my downtime, I love to travel to Disney World and create fun toddler activities for my nieces and nephew.
Su-Queen’s 5 Favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: Working with clients to help them create their invitation suite and seeing the finished product.
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Woodland
- Favorite wedding trend (or: favorite color palette): Printed patterns for bridesmaid dresses.
- Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: Tacos from Dos Toros Taqueria.
- Favorite thing to do in the city: Rubber stamp shopping at The Ink Pad.
I have enjoyed a long time romance with beautiful fine papers and the printed word. I might like to attribute my long stay in the industry due to a background in the fine and performing arts. I have worked at many memorable stops along the way, including the iconic Kate’s Paperie. When I am not at Bella Figura, you might find me in a deluge of gemstones that evoke the sea, stars and sand. My unending passion for found objects, vintage beads, and talismans has inspired me to create jewelry, and explore the different cultures they reflect. At times, I have had to become a bona fide sleuth in search of the perfect piece. And then the adventure becomes part of the experience. Currently living in Brooklyn where I was born, I have enjoyed being a part of the Brooklyn Museum’s seasonal pop-up shops and selling to other artisan brick-and-mortar shops.
Mariana’s 5 Favorites
- Favorite part of working at the Bella Figura flagship store: My favorite part of work is our customers, I love hearing the love stories of our brides and grooms. And then, the happy ever after is when we receive their wedding invitation samples.
- Favorite Bella Figura design: Give me a Tristan invitation with a twist of customization in it.
- Favorite wedding trend: My new color trend is copper with marsala.
- Favorite spot to grab lunch on the Upper East Side: Chicken and rice from Mohammed’s Food Truck.
- Favorite thing to do in the city: I am always up to explore any new neighborhood or curiosity I have not known. Escape is the key here.
If you’re planning a visit to New York City (or perhaps you’re a local), stop by and meet our team! The Bella Figura flagship store is located at 1031 Lexington Avenue (at 74th Street) on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and is open every day at 11am. Walk-ins are welcome, or you can make an appointment on our website today.